Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Okay, So I'm A Wimp

Yesterday, I said I wasn't going to tag anyone. For good reason. Have you ever taken the time to do the math on those kinds of pyramids? One person tags five people. Those five people have to tag five people, each, and so on. So, you have a rather exponentially growing number of people being tagged. Eventually, you'll cover the entire population of the earth.

The progression goes like this: 1, 5, 25, 125, 625, 3125, 15625, 78125, 390625, 1953125, 9765625, 48828125, 244140625, 1220703125, 6103515625

So, in just 15 iterations, you have covered the entire world population. That works out to over 30 billion random facts! So, really, I'm doing the people of this planet a favor by not "spreading the fun".

But, along comes Allison. Who actually has two blogs, not just one. Anyhow, she is whining about not being tagged, and how I'm a spoil sport for not playing along. So what do I do? Am I firm on my stance, choosing to stand my ground and refuse to tag her? Preserving the memories of the entire planet by helping to reduce the number of facts they are expected to remember?

Nope. Not me. Okay, so I'm a wimp. I admit it. I just give in. But, had you read yesterday's blog, you'll remember random fact number four. I was a major geek. And, as major geeks go, I certainly fit the part of being a wimp. The only athletics I was involved in was Marching Band...if you can call that athletics. (Hey, I do...but that's become I'm a geek. Or, I mean...I was a geek.)

So, Allison, consider yourself tagged. But that's it. No more. Only one person. None of this five people business. I mean it. I won't give in next time, I promise you. I've been working out, you see. Walking several times a week. I'm just out of shape right now because of the recent Christmas holiday.

Now then, back to my regularly scheduled blog.