Tuesday, December 27, 2005

From Out Of The Silence

Sorry to all those of you who kept checking in to read something new and enlightening on my blog for the past several days. It's amazing how, when you are at home all day, it is difficult to find time to blog.

But that's not to say I haven't been writing. In fact, I'm on target to finish editing my first-ever novel by January first (for those of you who weren't aware I was writing one). Which means, I'll be starting the process of querying agents come January. Mindburst looks to be coming in around 51,000 words, which is within the range typical of a young-adult book. This is my fourth draft. I wish I could say final draft, but I know too much about the business to make such a claim. The final draft won't be until it is send to the printer and ready to hit the bookstore shelves.

It is rather odd to think I'm almost done, though. At least with this stage. I've been struggling to figure out what to do next. I could start on the sequel (as I'm planning this to be a four-book series at the moment), or I could start on one of my other totally unrelated ideas. Maybe I could start polishing up some of my short stories and send those out. Or maybe start working on my website. Who knows? But one thing for sure...I promise not to abandom my faithful blog-readers. Or, eh-hem, reader. (I can always count on my wife to read what I write. I think.)

Anyhow, I'm coming out of the silence of my holiday break to keep you all updated. I'll try to blog about something more intriguing next time in a few days. On Thursday, for example, I'm taking my two oldest boys to help work at a homeless shelter, so I might have a story or two to tell about that. We'll see what happens.

Adios!