Friday, July 28, 2006

Super Mom Returns

Last night, my friend and I went to see Superman Returns. I was a bit mixed on how I thought the movie might turn out, but all in all, I was very pleased. About an hour into the movie, I thought things were going to turn out to be a bit predictable. But from that point forward, it wasn't. Kudos to Bryan Singer. While it wasn't as good as his efforts in X-Men, it was a movie worth seeing.

Which brings me to another super character. Super Mom.

Come now, surely you've heard of her? Able to squirt cleaning fluid from her hands, and scare any misbehaving teen into honest behavior?

If you don't know about her, well I'm about to tell you.

Super Mom, aka Birdie Lee, is the character created by Melanie Lynne Hauser, author of Confessions of Super Mom. If you haven't read it, you should. And nows a good time, because while the sequel isn't scheduled to hit bookstores until next year, Confessions is available in paperback now (or will be soon). That's right. Paperback.

For those of you who remember, I blogged an interview with Melanie several months ago. So if you didn't buy the book then because of the high price of hardcovers, now you can pick it up at paperback pricing. No excuses!

It is a great story. Humorous, touching, and a fun take on the world of superheroes. Check it out! And check out Melanie's blog, as well. Whereas I've been trying to learn the art of humor, she already has it down!