Friday, May 26, 2006

May's Story (eh-hem, Song) of the Month

This has been a busy month...partially due to the news that I mentioned last week that I'm not ready to make known publicly...and partially just due to life in general. Between writing, church, bible study, work, family, a trip to Cedar Point, and the like, I haven't had time to work on May's short story.

So, as I did in March, I've put up a song instead.

I had spent 7 1/2 years as the choir director at my church. Somewhere around year five and a half, I got this crazy idea that I could write a choir program myself. Music, lyrics, narration...the whole enchalada, as they say. So, I started working. A year and a half later, I finished it, and began rehearsals with the band and choir (separately). In the spring of 2002, the choir performed the program I wrote, entitled, "Victory in Jesus".

Anyhow, the Song of the Month for May is one of the songs from that program. Clouds. Granted, this isn't an audio recording of the performance. Instead, it is just the music score played out on piano. Still, I think the music is enjoyable.

So, take a listen to Clouds over from my website. Don't worry, it won't hurt a bit. Just three minutes sixteen seconds. You can handle that, can't you?